Roasted Carrot with Lemon and Olives
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 1 bag (16 ounces) baby carrots, rinsed
- Peeled garlic cloves, bruised with the side of a knife
- Paper thin slices lemon, halved
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin or Classico Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon small black (Nicoise) brine cured olives, pitted
Combine the carrots, garlic, olive oil and lemon in a shallow baking dish. Stir to blend.
Bake, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender and lightly browned, about 45 minutes.
Add the olives. Bake 10 minutes longer.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories from Fat: 25
Dietary Fiber: 4g